Friday, July 3, 2009

Wading in the zone

This week I think I've been wading in the shallow end of the zone. Here's an example. On Facebook I'm a fan of The Schwenkfelder Library and Heritage Center. Monday morning I noticed they had posted some photos of a recent event, including some singers from the Mennonite Heritage Center in Harleysville. I tagged the names, and saw someone had posted a question asking how did they sound? I checked with the Schwenkfelders and found that it hadn't been recorded. The Mennonite song leader said that one of the songs was available on a CD available in their gift shop, but that I would have to get permission from the producer at Harmonies Workshop.
I got his permission, then put together a simple video on YouTube (posted by user thebudgross). When I when to view my posting on YouTube, I noticed a message on my channel from a guy I haven't seen since grad school at Purdue (1963). The weird thing about it is that one of his two videos was also based on a CD produced the same Harmonies Workshop. Merely happenstance ??


No comments:

Post a Comment